Wednesday, August 17, 2011

26 weeks & more pictures!

 Most of the pictures here are from orders I finished in the spring, but I am slowly catching up to blogging about present orders.  Anyhoo...

Baby Ryland has a farm animal themed nursery (I accidentally deleted the pic from my phone :/) & a friend of his mothers wanted to give him a little something special.  So here we are...his own name canvas to coordinate with his nursery.  I love the western font!

A friend of ours has had a lot of other friends getting hitched this year.  He didn't want to get them "girly" gifts, as he says, & wanted something unique.  We talked for a while & decided on this.  He liked it so much that he has now placed orders for 4 more!  It really does make a great wedding gift!

A sweet blogger contacted me about painting a frame to house a photo from her first marathon.  (Whether first or fifteenth, you're way ahead of me.  I can't even run a mile...pregnant or not!) This Bible verse was her "motto" through the entire process.  I think it's very fitting for any runner, but especially first time marathon runners.

Another owl frame.  Owl's seem to be "the thing" this year!

Baby Hayden has a very simple nursery & his mama requested a canvas using his colors, lime green & royal blue.  We kept with the simple theme for the canvas, especially since it was so big.

Ellyson's crib bedding has a fun, flowery pattern for the bumper & a striped skirt that coordinates.  There's lots of color in the fabric so I had an easy time with this bow holder

What else has been going on around here?  Well, I'm putting on a few lbs, but it's for a good cause!
This pic was taken at 24 weeks

25 weeks...Looking large & in charge.  I've discovered that straight on doesn't make for a flattering picture!  And yes, this picture is fuzzy, your vision isn't deceiving you (Mom).  I'm getting a "fancy" camera for my birthday (which was 2 months ago, lol), but we haven't decided which one we want to go with.  I want one that takes pictures a lot faster than my coolpix since we will soon have a little one that I'm sure won't sit still for me to take some good shots.  Do you have a good camera to recommend??  If so, please let me know!

 26 weeks (actually 26 1/2 weeks)  We took this pic last night as we were heading out the door to go to The Happening, which is a fun event Louisiana Tech has each year.

The university president gives a "state of the university" speech, head football coach Sonny Dykes speaks briefly about the upcoming season & the highlight of the evening is the special guest.  Last year, it was Tech alum, Terry Bradshaw & he was hilarious.

This year, the guest speaker was another popular Tech alum, Kix Brooks, of the country duo, Brooks & Dunn.  He had some good stories & jokes, but the most awesome part of his time on stage was when he sat on the stool, grabbed his acoustic guitar & sang two of his songs, Red Dirt Road & Only In America.  It was great!  Totally unexpected & made being up past my bedtime sooooo worth it! 

Kix & I are from the same parish (that would be county for those outside of Louisiana), graduated from the same university & Dusty can sing exactly like Ronnie Dunn so we have this weird connection & I feel like we need to meet one day.  I thought last night would be it, but Dusty wouldn't let my inner stalker come out so he rushed me to the car when "the show" was over.  Oh well, I'm sure there will be another chance.  We did have a great time though!
Hope y'all have had a great Wednesday & are staying cool.  It's only 113 degrees here so my staying cool means staying inside as much as I can :)

8 comments:

  1. i would have stalked with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the pregnancy! I love the "I can do all things" frame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking at pics of your canvasses (sp) and such! Especially the pics of my grandbaby in your belly...he's growing a little! Love, MAMA (aka GRAN)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am dying about your "connection" with Kix Brooks. Too bad Dusty wouldn't let you have your moment. On another note, how sweet is my baby nephew making your belly look...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, I think Dusty has heard about our Justin Timberlake stalking incident & didn't want any part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a cute pregnant lady!!!! We have a Nikon D5000 and I love it for pictures of Hayes. I use it often;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look SO cute!! I am finally going to post a belly pic tomorrow...I have done so bad this time around with those pictures! You are doing great, though!

    We have a Canon Rebel XSi and love it. I remember having the hardest time deciding between Canon and Nikon, but I really don't think you could go wrong. Kevin Beasley told us to get this one though, ha.

    Hope you are feeling well and are not too tired! Although, I am pretty sure you made it to bed before me tonight! ha

    ReplyDelete