Friday, January 14, 2011

Christmas orders & more...

Well, Christmas came & went so quickly!  I absolutely love the holiday season & wish it didn't fly by so fast.  Our Christmas was wonderful.  We were able to spread some great news with our families...we were going to have a baby.  Everyone was thrilled, as were we.  Then, just last week, on January 6, I went to my doctor to have an ultrasound because the night before, I knew that something wasn't right.  The worst had happened...there was no heartbeat.  I had a miscarriage.  It was devastating news.  Unfortunately, it happens to more couples than you ever realize.  Even when we want to ask why, we remember that everything happens for a reason & we have to keep our faith.  I believe that God will bless us with healthy babies in the future, but we will always remember the angel that's now watching over us every day.

On a lighter note, I had a ton of orders this year & am so very appreciative of them all!  Here are just a few of the orders that I had:
 
Nita & I work together at Acres & Avenues Realty (just a little plug :)) & she decided to order bow holders for some sweet girls in her life.  This is 4 of the 7 that she ordered.

Lori is married to one of Dusty's cousins (I thing they're actually 3rd cousins but because this family tree is huge, I just refer to them all as regular cousins.  It saves time).  Anyway, Lori decided to redeem a Peek-A-Bootique gift certificate she received.  You can't tell from the photo, but the red border is actually a rusty red/copper & the pattern in the middle is a pale blue.

This is what Lori ordered for her mother-in-law, who is a teacher.  I love how fun the colors turned out on this canvas.


A close friend ordered this for her daughter, Georgia, to match her bathroom decor.  She's 2 & I'm pretty sure she has more hair than I do.  The bows on the holder are ones that she wore as a newborn...seriously!

Heather, another friend, had Rhett on November 18.  She used the Madras bedding from PB kids.  Since I had letters to paint to go with it, she wanted a Bible verse on the large canvas (24"x36").  The canvas looks so good against Rhett's green walls.  

His letters.  The "R" is light blue, but as we all know, my photography skills are below par.

Madras Bedding from PB kids

I have more photos to post from Christmas orders, but will be breaking it up into various posts.  Hope you enjoy :)

6 comments:

  1. think about you everyday! let me know if you need anything!

    and i forgot to take pics of the ornaments you did for me. i didn't remember until just now when i saw this post. i'm sorry! but they were a hit if that makes you feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about the loss. Praying for peace friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been thinking about you & praying for you!! It's never an easy thing, but look forward & be full of hope that the Lord will bless you again soon! I had a miscarriage 2 months before getting pregnant with Hudson. It was early & we had not shared the news yet, so not many people even know about it. I'll continue keeping you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love the canvas in the bathroom....I wish my hair was as thick as Georgia's!

    Love all your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Rachel, I'm so sorry! I actually had 2 miscarriages after having Anna & I'm 12 weeks now & held my breath the whole first trimester...There are no words to make you feel better, but you are right to trust in the Lord & He will give you the desires of your heart! :-)

    I adore all of your stuff & I'm sure in the next few months I'll have to make an order! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry you have had to go through this, Rachel...just wanted you to know that I'm praying for y'all too :). Claiming peace and healing. You are so talented...loving our bow hanger!

    ReplyDelete