Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

The weather has been so great lately & it seems like everyone is busy.  Busy with T-ball, end of school activities, weddings, babies, etc.  The wedding thing is what's keeping us the busiest on the weekends.  Don't get me wrong, I love going to weddings, but we've had 3 the last 3 weekends & it's not slowing down anytime soon!

This is Jen's wedding in Shreveport weekend before last.  They are currently on week 2 of their honeymoon in Italy & I am so jealous.  I would loooove to go to Italy (well, Europe in general).  Hint, Hint Dusty, our anniversary is coming up soon....

Along with all of that, I've been busy painting, too!

These 3-8x10's were ordered by a sweet lady in Ohio for teacher gifts.
Mrs. Kaufman teaches kindergarten Trisha wanted something fun that the kids can enjoy, too.


 For the other 2 teachers, she wanted me to use school colors & paw prints.  Trisha, I hope the teachers enjoy them!


Little Miss Mattie Kate has the Daniella bedding from Cocalo & received a picture frame to coordinate with it.



I thought this was so sweet!  Katie contacted me about Mother's Day gifts for her Mother & Mother-in-Law.  She ordered 2-8x10 picture frames & wanted this saying on it:
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living,
My Mommy you'll be.
I think any mom would be happy to get such a thoughtful gift! 


Duece & Suzy have been busy, too....busy doing nothing.  Well, I guess trying not to have a heat stroke qualifies as something.  Seriously, it's only May & they act like they're going to die after only taking two steps (in the shade of the patio with the fans on full blast) & I hate to tell them, but it will only get hotter.  I guess they don't remember back to last summer or the summer before that. 

Anyway, I had to give them their Promeris (flea & tick gel) today & it's always difficult to do.  Typically one of us "sits" on the dog & the other puts the gel on their back.  Well, Dusty was gone & I decided I would just do it myself.  

If you've ever seen the Crocodile Hunter (may he rest in peace) jump on the back of a croc he just got to shore, you can get an idea of what I looked like administering the Promeris to Suzy.  Would you believe that I wasn't able to take a picture of that?!?  Deuce quickly realized that he was next & decided to jump in his pool & then go roll around in the dirt.


I guess he thought that if he was wet &/or dirty he wouldn't have to get the flea & tick gel on his back.  Well, Deuce, you didn't get water or dirt on your back so you still got it.  I promise I am not a bad parent...these things I do are for your own protection.  One day you will thank me.

1 comment:

  1. HI,
    I love, love, love your frames! I have a blog at www.girlsjustwannagorun23.blogspot.com I am always looking for new items to review/giveaway. I didn't know if you would be interested in designing a frame for a runner? Most people that follow my blog are both runners and mothers. I think your items would be loved by both! Please let me know if you would be interested in me hosting a review or giveaway on my blog for one of your items.
    Thank you,
    Stephanie
    stephanie_walter0409@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete