Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hey! Remember me?!?

As they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder....

So, it's been a while.  Shame on me for not posting more often, but when Spring finally arrives, it seems like life gets busier & busier.

This was done for Emme Claire's first birthday party.  Her mom bought an owl birthday banner from Etsy & had me use the same owl on this canvas & frame which will later be in her nursery.  Her nursery is full of various shades of pink & green & is so cute!  I can't wait to see pictures of it when the canvas & frame are added.

(please excuse my baseboards...the magic eraser 
hasn't gotten to that part of the house yet!)

One of my best friends (Allison) has many, many best friends & one of them recently had her first baby.  Leslie & Cody welcomed Lila this past Friday & because she made her arrival early, I wasn't quite finished with her canvas.  I was able to get it to Allison on Easter, which was also the day Lila came home from the hospital.  This canvas was painted to coordinate the Delilah bedding from Cocalo Couture.

(If you can't tell from the pic below, the curtains & crib sheets are yellow with white polka-dots.....but as my hubby pointed out, it looks like an Easter egg, which is fitting since she came home on Easter Sunday!)

I'm working on a lot of other things right now so I'll have a lot more to post about in the coming weeks so stay tuned!!
On a personal note, our Easter was great!  We were able to see both of our families throughout the weekend, so it was nice not being rushed on Sunday.  

We spent Friday with my family.  Dusty caught some catfish that were about the same size as the baby.  David Scott didn't really know what was going on!

He had a lot of fun while we were perfecting this shot!

David Scott thinks Uncle Dusty is funny....funny looking!

After church on Sunday, we went to have lunch with Dusty's family.  I think this is the first "Easter picture" we have ever taken!


Dusty's niece & nephew were the only ones to hunt eggs, but they had fun.

Meet Grace aka Miss Priss.  I wanted to take her picture while she was hunting so I said "Hey Grace" & this is what I get...

Action shot of Levi

I told them to show off their eggs so Levi decides to wear his basket as a necklace...Who knows!

I hope you had a wonderful Easter as well!!

3 comments:

  1. Love the spring work! You are so talented. PS - that catfish was huge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable art work! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete